Jan 20, 2012

What's in your Tote? -- Featuring Fortiny Pattern


That's my Henry, he approves!

 I am loving toting my Stylish Fortiny Tote around. As part of the Fortiny sewing pattern, (includes the Handbag shown on the front of the cover, and the tote shown in orange) we embellished this one in leather. It simply calls for cording, binding in contrasting color, but I found a local source for scraps of leather (wow!) and cut them into 1/2" strips. Overlapping them to create a long strip. We also tested the leather on a simple SINGER sewing machine with a denim needle. All good! A little embellishment on the handle.
When I go watch Mel's gymnastic practices I take my tote with ipad, crochet, sketch book, of course the phone and my mini workbook... sheesh it's all there but the kitchen sink!
This was taken recently at market. I had so many compliments on my bag so I am making it into a pattern. The wide strap, again is leather. Easy and large, I think I did have the sink in that one! PS I am wearing the Mia Dress... all patterns are available so go on make something!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the bag. And that's a cute photo of you. Great smile. Happy Friday to ya.