Oct 25, 2009

New OLIVIA'S HOLIDAY fabric collection


My new fabric collection recently launched at the fabric show, International Quilt Market in Houston earlier this month. I think it is an elegant and sweet fabric collection. I created this collection reminiscent of 1950s holiday on the coast. Olivia is a cat on holiday with her human family enjoying the sun baked beaches, shade under the mangroves and breezy flower beds along their walk to the ocean! Colors are bright and cheerful yet soft and subtle in palette for dusky evenings, warm sunrises and afternoon naps in the gardens!


This colorway I call Breezy Beachsand... in soft yellow ivory, greens and blues!!! It's minty fresh don't you think? It also is a true quilters collection! The colors and patterns create a textured palette but maintain the integrity of each design without getting lost! Stick these patterns into a quilt and it'll turn out soft and wavy like the breezy water surface of the sea!!! How romantic is that? I am designing a quilt around this collection so wait for the freebee pattern...


Other colors include a pinky-yellow group I call Afternoon Sleep, and maybe my favorite.. also Sunset Walk in blue and pink and a delicious stoney grey! Watch for more images....

This collection is available now, so check with your favorite shop or call your rep.....




8 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Love the new fabrics, the colorway shown, and the cute back story. They are definitely minty fresh. But I'm intrigued by the thought of pinky-yellow and blue, pink, and gray colorways, too! I will be on the lookout for these!

Ruth said...

I am SOOO excited to get this collection in, it looks gorgeous!! I love how you mix the colors, so fresh :)

Luci said...

I'm off to hunt down these fabrics, the blue/green are my daughters favorite colors and she needs a new purse for her birthday. Thanks so much for blogging this!

SewLindaAnn said...

I don't know of anything that you design that I don't want to own. I was just looking thru a web shop to decide on Chloe's Imagination. Your designs are so beautifully detailed and yet mod at the same time. The colorways are gorgeous. I look forward to seeing the new line.

April said...

Well, since my daughter is named Olivia, you can guess whether I'm going to buy this fabric or not! I just stocked up on some Annabelle and Treetop Fancy fabric this weekend before I stumbled upon this. Looking forward to the quilt pattern for Olivia's Holiday!

Jennifer said...

all so beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon this collection on fabric.com and I LOVE it! Beautiful---I hope add some of the prints to my collection soon :)

muebles en castellon said...

A great deal of worthwhile data for me!