Apr 20, 2008

Gifts & Do What You Love to Do!


So yesterday, late afternoon the kids were playing with their neighborhood pals and I'm sitting pondering new colorways for new collections, and the door bursts open and in come scurrying little feet. My home office is off a hallway between the backdoor and the kitchen. I hear water running, and cupboards opening and closing. Then all is quiet for a moment and then I hear my little boy's voice behind me "Look what I have for you, mom." And he's standing there with a teacup holding his green bouquet for me. What a gift! And how precious, I am so very blessed with these little human beings filled with love and kisses and hugs for their momma. And what's more, they bring me gifts! Now, the bouquet was 'pulled/yanked' from the neighbor's 'about-to-bloom' hydrangea bushes.... but all the same, he brought me flowers....
I thought I'd share....
Actually, of course there's more to this than the gift... I have been wide eyed and a little overwhelmed with the bolts of fabrics surrounding me, my new paper collection with C.R. Gibson about to launch at the National Stationery Show, and me sewing, designing and creating clothing with my own fabrics.... what a pleasure. DOING WHAT I LOVE! Which brings me to something I have been itching to do for a while. I am surrounded by people who tell me, how lucky I am to do what I love. And I thought, well they can do it too. It's a matter of determining what they love, and well, doing it. Taking step by step to make it happen. It may become something in the end they didn't expect to do, but I guarantee they'll be LOVING it. So I have started the outline of a 'how-to-do-what-you-love' diatribe of YOU SHOULD DO IT IF YOU WANT TO. Stay tuned... who knows where the 'diatribe' may go. It's all a journey right?

No comments: