Oct 29, 2008

International Quilt Market: New Fabric Launches




I just returned from a very busy trade show, the International Quilt Market in Houston! Wow, what an energetic week we had. Again we displayed the new fabrics and again I am so overwhelmed with the kind words and super fabric orders we received from all over the world. The UK and Australia, France and Germany, Canada and of course home, USA. We were also excited about the tremendous enthusiasm within the fabric, sewing and quilting industry. What hiccup in the economy? We didn't see any evidence of a slow down in fabric sales which means textiles and sewing are the place to be. And an enormous increase in young and new sewers.... interested in fun and colorful, new and current design and projects for children, the house and clothing! So loads of great news for the industry!
For me personally, I am thrilled to be a part of the Westminster Fibers team... my booth was directly across from my friend and the queen of design, Amy Butler. We shared giggles and smiles the entire show! More on Amy, Anna-Maria Horner, Jane Sassaman, Kaffe Fassett and fabulous Brandon Mabley in a future post!
Anyhow, enjoy a few pics to whet your taste buds and stay tuned for much more on new fabrics, patterns and projects, my book in the works and more....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina, it was so nice to chat with you at Market! I'm looking forward to playing with your patterns when they arrive at the shop, especially the Goddess dress (the detail at the back neckline is amazing!).

Anonymous said...

hi tina,
next time we'll have to spend a little time getting to know each other. Amy assured me that you are fabulously goofy and that we will have so much fun together!
Gorgeous fabric and booth as always.
xo, melissa